A Lesson in Love: Exercise Your Heart Chakra
by Laura Baker
Our body contains multiple energy fields called chakras. Chakras may become disrupted by life events such as illness, toxins, trauma, and stress. Although each chakra has its own unique function and purpose, they work together to create balance and harmony in the physical body. The body contains numerous energy fields; however, there are seven main chakras.
When our chakra energy system flows freely, the energy will converge at the heart chakra. This chakra acts as a bridge between mind, body, and spirit. When this chakra is activated and energy is flowing, we will feel warmth, love, peace, and empathy in our heart center.
Exercise to Open the Heart Chakra
Find a quiet space where you will not be interrupted for several minutes. Sit with your back straight or lie down. Close your eyes.
- Take 3 deep, cleansing breaths. Visualize this breath flowing into your heart space.
- Think of 3 things you are grateful for.
- Feel this gratitude. Let the emotion of love and gratitude fill your heart space.
- Sit for a moment or two in this gratitude and love. Allow it to fill your entire body.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and smile.
Balancing the body’s energy field provides many benefits, such as restoring balance into one’s life, an improved overall sense of emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being, and healing dis-ease within the body. Indianapolis and its surrounding communities have many energy practitioners that can assist you with opening your chakra system and bringing balance back into your life.
Laura Baker is an intuitive energy healer and Reiki master in the Indianapolis area. Connect with her at SacredSoul444.com.