Let’s Get Clean for Spring: Solar Plexus Clearing
Feb 28, 2020 09:30AM
By Laura Baker
Our body contains seven major energetic fields called chakras. Chakras work together to create balance and harmony within the body, mind, and spirit. Chakras may become disrupted or “dirty” by events in our life, such as illness, toxins, trauma, and stress.
The third chakra, solar plexus or manipura, is our confidence center. It sits just below the rib cage. When the energy to this chakra is blocked or disrupted, we will experience a feeling of disempowerment, low self-esteem, fatigue, fearfulness, lack of motivation, and a need for power and control.
When energy is flowing freely through the solar plexus, we will feel self-confident, empowered, able to establish and maintain boundaries, motivated to move forward in life, and energized.
Exercise to Balance and Restore the Solar Plexus.
Find a quiet space where you will not be interrupted for several minutes. Sit with your back straight or lie down. Close your eyes.
- Settle in by taking 3 deep, cleansing breaths.
- Place your hands on your solar plexus chakra, located right below the rib cage.
- Visualize a yellow light flowing through your hands into your solar plexus.
- Picture this yellow light becoming brighter with each breath, bringing with it a sense of peace and calmness.
- Allow it to fill your entire body.
- Sit for a moment or two in this light.
- When you are ready, you may open your eyes.
By bringing balance into our body’s energetic field, we will experience improved emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. Indianapolis and its surrounding communities have several energy medicine practitioners to assist you with opening your chakra system and bringing balance back into your life.
Laura Baker is an intuitive energy healer and reiki master in the Indianapolis area. Connect with her at SacredSoul444.com.